I know I’m a little (read: 5 days) late to the party on this, but it’s apparently it’s May now! If anyone wants to let me know when that happened, that would be excellent.
But since it is indeed a new month, I’m excited to continue this habit of goal setting and recapping. 🙂 Being accountable for goals > setting random ones and abandoning them 2.2 seconds later.
Here’s how I did for the month of April:
1. Run 100 miles. A+ Success! Two 30 mile weeks pushed me up to a 123 mile monthly total. Those two weeks felt really good, mostly because all I was doing was running and studying.
2. Take two rest days. A+ I am just on a roll, hey? It was tough for me to slow down and rest, but I know my body appreciated it. And now that I am home with the ability to be truly comfortable when I relax, they will be happening a lot more. 🙂
The reason I had such a hard time taking days off while at school was because I didn’t have anywhere to go that truly felt safe. My roommate could walk into my room at any given moment and start yelling on the phone / blasting music / turning the lights on at 2am / etc, so that was out. And it’s kinda hard to feel “at home” in public spaces like the library or a cafe. So I found it much easier to just keep myself busy and go-go-go. However, I am currently writing this post curled up on the couch, so things are already changing for the better. 🙂
3. Implement one technology free hour before bed. D. The shoe had to drop somewhere, right? I’ve had a few nights where I just read a magazine or book before sleep, but they were far and few between. I definitely noticed a different in that night’s sleep quality, though, so I am 100% a believer! It’s just … Instagram.
4. Feel confident in my decision. F-. I sorta kinda blogged about this but I was super vague about it. Well, I basically did everything in my power to keep from making this decision for as long as possible. Hence the F-, if that is even a thing. I will definitely post an update if/when I get my sh*t together! 😉
Annnnd, what do I plan to do for May?
1. Squat heavier. I don’t care how many reps, I don’t care how heavy the weight is, as long it is more than 115lbs! That is the heaviest I have ever gone in my life and I am ready to make some real progress. No more being stagnant!
There may also be an attempt at a gym selfie…just because I feel like one of those belongs right here.
2. Give up aspartame. Yep…that one is back again. I’m hoping that having access to an oven along with some healthy, clean food will be some good motivation. We shall see.
3. Try new recipes! I want to take full advantage of this kitchen, and that means doing more than just baking up a storm. If I ever intend to be a somewhat functional adult, I should probably know how to cook more than just breakfast…this coconut lime chicken via Pinch of Yum will be happening tonight!
// picture via //
Well, I’m off for another crazy busy day! I’m hoping to squeeze in a run between work (starting at 8am again!!) and bar training in the afternoon. Plus exactly seven hundred and sixty errands. Wish me luck.
Have an excellent Tuesday!
What is the best selfie you have ever taken?
Mine was hands down the awkward shot of me in line to meet James & Oliver Phelps. That was the pre-iPhone era, so it was on a (tragically disappeared) digital camera. </3