1. Of my first year of university! You may remember I pulled this trick back in August for “the last Thinking Out Loud” of living at home. The next time I publish one of these, I will be back in Edmonton in a brand new condo! Don’t worry, Amanda, I’m not going anywhere. 😉
2. BUT I am never going back to the place that I left. A bit weird, but I’ve moved so many times recently that it didn’t really feel like “home” anyway. I actually only lived there for 5 months! At this point, I am more used to my dorm room.
3. Which I have absolutely no hope in packing up. I just heard from a friend that the storage lockers most of us are using are less than 3 x 3 x 3 (feet). Isn’t that like, two boxes?
4. Calling all Vancouverites. Please drive out to UBC and let me store my stuff with you. I’ll buy ice cream.
5. I haven’t worn makeup in almost two weeks and I cannot believe how much better my skin is looking! It seriously looks the same as it usually does with tinted moisturizer and concealer. Aside from the freckles…I guess I never really grew out of those. 😉
6. 7pm exams are not enjoyable. In my head, 7pm is the time I wind down my work, start to think about what I want for dinner, and just generally “turn off”. So having to keep my brain on those extra 2.5 hours was killer! Not to mention my stomach started growling approximately half an hour in…
7. Neither was serious Boston FOMO. You guys. I don’t think I have ever wanted to go to something as badly as I wanted to go to the Boston Marathon. Extreme jealousy occurred with every single Instagram / Tweet / blog post.
8. Which leads me to…my first marathon! I am so torn up about this. On the one hand, I really want to start training ASAP and do the Edmonton Marathon this August. Why miss another Boston, right? But on the other hand, the chances of me qualifying this summer are basically nil, which is the whole reason I want to run a marathon in the first place. So do I go for it now, or focus on getting stronger/faster before taking the plunge?!
9. So many adult decisions. I miss the days when my most important choices involved which spring sport I wanted to play and whether I should take foods or drama as an elective. (foods always won)
10. … I think that is all I have to say! I don’t remember the last time I actually ran out of thoughts for a Thinking Out Loud but that appears to be the case. My life is not all that exciting right now… study / run / friends / sleep. It’s all good, though. After two crazy semesters, I am very happy to be winding down. 🙂
Have you ever had an exam at a strange time?
My next one is less awful, but still 3:30pm on a Saturday!
How many places have you lived?
This new place will be #6 for me. (in 4 years!)