1. Studying for finals is apparently making me less smart, not more. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this:
I literally just can’t. What is your concept of “knows”? If I may quote Ange, “my brain can’t brain”.
AKA, the reason we all praise Amanda for hosting Thinking out Loud every week. Because what would we do without our regularly scheduled brain dump?!
2. I may be turning into an alcoholic. Usually before I come home, my mom asks me things I want in the house for when I arrive. The past three times I’ve said: sweet potatoes, peanut butter, carrots and panini ingredients. Nothing more, nothing less. This time, though?
Vodka. (Only mixed with stuff so I can’t taste it though)
Underage-dom in British Columbia has me unimpressed.
3. One day I will remember to take a “running selfie” AKA those incredibly cool pictures of people where both their feet are off the ground and they look like total rockstars. For my past three runs I have planned to do it and then just…not.
4. How does one become less addicted to caffeine? So I obviously have no intention to stop drinking it all together. But on Monday, I didn’t drink any coffee until about ~3 hours after I woke up, and I was literally nauseous all day. I felt like my energy had been zapped, I was dragging myself around campus (to sit in libraries) and was just a disaster. But I only ever have one coffee per day! So I don’t know how to cut back without going cold turkey. –> not like there is a chance of that anyway.
5. I suppose I could mix my beans with decaf… But there is something that just sounds so “Starbucks” about half-caf and I’m not sure if I can go there.
6. I can, however, go home in 12 days. You guys know I just had to throw that in there. I have to move all my stuff into the storage locker in 10, and exactly 1 box has been packed. This will be interesting.
7. More interesting than my exam tomorrow, though. From 7-9:30pm. I mean, really? Who has final exams on Friday night? I also have one on Saturday afternoon.
8. Don’t ask me where this idea came from, but I have a serious craving for roasted cheddar potatoes! I’m not much of a cheese / potato fan in the slightest (except in Schwartzies potatoes NOM NOM NOM), but yes that will be happening as soon as an oven is in my vicinity again.
9. And I will be able to post recipes! Not that this is going to turn into a fancy food blog or anything…you guys know I am far too obsessed with running & these random thoughts for that to happen. But I’m still excited to be able to sprinkle in more variety to my blog posts! Plus I miss baking like no other.
Remember when I used to make muffins for you?
10. So I will leave you with this. What? We were on the topic of baking, after all. 😉 Go make these for me ASAP please! Or wait until I get home, and then come over for a waffle party. Actually, yes, do that.
What is the funniest mistake you have made recently?
Do you have more exciting Friday plans than I do?