Good morning! Even though Tuesdays are typically the most annoying day of the week (what do you mean we’re not even halfway through yet?!), I am feeling like today is going to be excellent. There are two reasons for this:
1. I didn’t wake up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Yesterday morning was one of those “I can’t function without coffee…but I need to function to GET coffee.” It was rough.
2. The SUN is out. Monday was either super gloomy or a torrential rainstorm all day lonnng. The only thing that perked me up was a hot chocolate around 6pm. Never underestimate the powers of chocolate.
Moving on. There are a lot of things I am not qualified to do: give you specific nutrition advice, design workout routines, run the country (my Canadian friends, you know exactly what I am getting at here). But, as someone that has moved no less than five times in the last four years, I feel qualified to give you some advice on this situation. And as I get ready to go home in exactly two weeks (!!!), I’ve gathered a little more life experience:
How to Pack A Dorm Room During Finals
1. Start by staring aimlessly around your room. It is very important to spend time simply soaking in your surroundings. Don’t get down on yourself – creating anxiety and panic over how much you have to do is very productive.
2. Make sure you remind yourself the impossibility of the situation. “There is absolutely no freaking way all of this is going to fit into three suitcases” –> words your brain needs to hear to understand the severity of the situation.
3. Don’t bother with labelling boxes. Oh, this fur-covered hot water bottle fits in with the bedsheets! In it goes. Let’s also stuff a screwdriver and old French notes in there, because we need to keep the weight balanced.
4. Dancing is an excellent companion to packing. It’s the best when you are in the process of getting dressed after a shower, and another human being has the ability to open the door at any given time. Make sure the music is either Hilary Duff or the Jonas Brothers for maximum effectiveness.
Yes, just yes.
5. Take regular breaks. You did all of the above for ten minutes straight! GO YOU, beautiful. Now reward yourself with an hour of Instagram.
Congratulations! You have officially made it to move-out day successfully. But just as a precaution, I would also invite friends to help out. You know, just in case.
[Tweet “How to Pack A Dorm Room –> the honest truth! “]
Do you have any good moving tips?
I need help….
Am I the only one still shamelessly rocking out to the early 2000s?