2. I really need to make rest days a priority. I haven’t been because frankly, I have the time to workout every day at this point in my life, and it gives me such a mental / emotional boost! But after feeling 10000x better on a run following two rest days, I know I need to resist exercising so much. So I’m trying to decide whether it should be the day before or after my long run – thoughts?
3. I’m running the Calgary Half Marathon in Edmonton. Well, not quite, but almost. I’m so sad to be missing it this year, since it holds such a special place in my heart being my first and all. BUT the finances just do not add up this year so I will be sitting it out. But I’ve decided I’m going to do 13.1 on June 1, the one-year anniversary of my first half marathon, and go for a PR! Not my 1:45, but a mini confidence booster for getting it two weeks later.
4. I am finally getting sick of overnight oats. I’ve had them at least three times per week since September (seriously) and this morning they just did not do it for me. I could try to find a new work breakfast, but I’ll probably just deal with them for the next month until I’m back in my kitchen. Come April 29: ALL. THE. SMOOTHIES!!
5. There is something wrong with my CamelBak. Every time I drink out of it it makes this super awkward farting noise and considering I drink approximately 9L of water per class, this is a serious issue. The mouthpiece has also turned black on the inside which is
mildly VERY concerning.
6. I should probably just have this in my life instead. I absolutely love mason jars, and it is impossible NOT to love Cassie, so it’s a win all around!
7. Bloglovin’ has a pretty excellent app. I kept getting frustrated that every time I refreshed my browser, it would try to force me to download the app. I already get the “limited storage remaining” notification way too frequently – I DON’T WANT ANOTHER FREAKING APP! But it actually works really well and I’m happy I didn’t take my anger out on anything. 😉 If you don’t already, follow me to have new posts delivered straight to yer face! Or eyes, I suppose.
8. I finally bought an iPod shuffle. After three weeks of boob scabs from my phone jumping around in my sports bra, I decided enough was enough. (TMI? sorry.) So now, my screamo music and Jillian Michaels podcasts are all in one compact, safe place! Just watch me get lost the first time I use it and not have my phone on me.
9. Every time I see the #9 I think about soccer. I was always #9, and then one year my “friend” took it because she knew it was my favourite. Oh, the problems we have at ten years old…
10. My cravings lately have been shameful. As if it wasn’t bad enough I haven’t been able to get chicken mcnuggets out of my head, now I’m thinking about mint chocolate chip ice cream and Kraft peanut butter! I had a taste at the place we were staying at last weekend and I’m hooked. Just don’t tell, okay?
What is one thing you are craving right now?
Anything you are looking forward to?