1. Every day this week has felt like Friday. And that is incredibly unfortunate since it’s still only Thursday. I may die. If it weren’t for Amanda making it okay to have a weekly brain dump, I would likely be staring at a blank screen right now.
2. But I am (mostly) staying strong to my March goal of only one coffee per day! It’s only possible because a decaf americano is my new afternoon ritual. Although sometimes that ritual happens closer to lunchtime…it’s fine. Yesterday a (caffeinated) espresso happened because Wednesday.
3. Spirit of the Marathon 2 expired before I got a chance to finish watching. I am incredibly sad about this, but still haven’t decided if I’m willing to pay $5 extra to rent it again. The struggle is real.
4. So is the need for grilled cheese. I’m sorry dining hall, but your barely grilled Kraft cheese thing just does not cut it. I am craving a delicious, crispy, cheese-filled sandwich of wonderfulness so badly right now. And the best Vancouver food trucks are only open when I have class!! Life is so rough.
This is exactly what I need in my life.
5. Is long run hunger supposed to last for a week? I ran 10 miles last Friday, and I have legitimately been extra hungry every day since. It’s a good thing I never go anywhere without snacks, because there have been lots of close calls lately. 😉
6. The entire country is having the worst winter ever except British Columbia. Seriously – a weather report stated that we are the only province escaping with a mild winter and early spring! I think if I saw snow right now I would legitimately freak out. And then run inside. #softie
7. And yet I am (almost) craving the treadmill. Is that a thing? Can you actually crave running on a hamster wheel? I haven’t allowed myself to run on it lately, because while my hands freeze in the mornings it’s a thousand times nicer than E-town will be for months. I’m fully expecting being relegated to the thing for most of May – #albertalife – so I’m making sure to take advantage of this weather while I can! I mostly just need some new routes – I’m beyond bored!
8. This makes every part of my body hurt.
Not only are you actually writing expresso instead of espresso, a DOT is not “signature latte art”. I mean, really. REALLY!!! Ugh.
9. I ate a cupcake for lunch today. It was a good decision. I don’t know why I felt like telling you that but perhaps it will inspire some of you as well. 🙂
10. And some timbits. The sugar cravings are real, guys. Part of me wants to get a handle on it, but
another part most of me is A-okay with the situation. Especially now that mini eggs are back in stores (!!!).
11. There is ONE MONTH left of school. As in, 4.5 weeks of classes until my first year of university is over. What?! I’m only 1/5 done since I will most definitely be needing an extra year to graduate but it is still unbelievable that I’m nearly done with my first year.
What is the best thing you’ve had for lunch lately?
Should I re-rent Spirit of the Marathon II ?