Thinking Out Loud returns! I know I posted last week, but I actually wrote that draft the Friday before I left for my cruise – so it’s really been two weeks since I’ve been able to join the randomness party.
1. I watched a two hour movie – and lived to tell the tale! I have literally been dreading this past Monday’s Film Studies lecture since the start of the semester, after seeing we would be watching Hitchcock. I a) already hate watching movies and b) have been scarred for life by The Birds. But, although it was pretty slow moving, Rear Window was not so bad! I may or may not have been giving my two friends death grips at the end. 😉
2. Does anyone have plantar fasciitis miracles? I haven’t been diagnosed, but I think I feel the beginnings of it – heel / arch pain and some outer kneecap discomfort as well. There is a strict NO INJURIES ALLOWED rule for this training cycle, so this need to be nipped in the bud!
3. As does my McDonald’s craving. I know – it’s so bad. I can’t believe I just admitted that on the internet. But I ate chicken nuggets at Atlantis last week and haven’t been able to get them out of my head. Where are you, carrot cravings?!
And while we’re at it…
I die. So easily amused.
4. My balance is still suffering from the cruise. At least once per day after getting off the ship, I have wobbled, feeling like the (very solid) ground is moving beneath my feet. There haven’t been any falls…yet. Unlike that time I fell down on the ice next to a deer skeleton…now that’s a throwback.
5. Still no news on the Kinesiology application. Because I know you know I am still checking
every hour daily.
6. I am seriously considering moving back home. Don’t get any crazy ideas – not until I am finished my undergrad at UBC. But the University of Alberta has an excellent Master of Physical Therapy program that I would have a solid chance at getting in to (being from Alberta), and I would be able to save a ton of money by living at home and working my perfect cafe job.
7. Because I can’t live in Vancouver for a long time! I really think that I do want to move here permanently eventually. But housing is so so incredibly expensive, and I won’t be able to afford it until I have a solid job with no student debt. Plus, I actually miss Alberta. Who would have thunk it?
8. There is a chance my teeth may fall out. Back in eighth grade, we were investigating alternatives to braces. I didn’t end up getting it, but an option was this retainer-style contraption that actually moved your teeth. But if you didn’t wear it consistently, your teeth moving back / forth created a risk of them falling out! I’ve worn my (non-teeth-moving) retainer a couple nights per month for the past year, so now I’m a little worried… 😉
9. I will definitely be going to see this opening night.
I do make exceptions to my 90 minute maximum movie rule – mainly for horizontal running.
10. I also definitely freaked out seeing “2015”. What?! That’s way too far away!! ….we’re only 2 months in already, Emma. 😉
Where is your dream place to live?
But also kind of realistically…I would absolutely love to live in New York City, but there is just zero chance of that happening.