I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you guys commenting on Friday’s post! I definitely felt a little nervous posting such a big and risky decision on the internet, so hearing all of that support made me feel so much more confident in my decision. Rockstars. ❤
^I wrote Monday’s post on Friday, hence my lack of appreciation of your awesomeness yesterday. But it is most definitely there!
Okay guys. You have no idea how much I wish it was Thursday right now so I could link up with Amanda and dish all my insane thoughts. I have so much to tell you! But for now I will just say that I am tensing every single muscle in my body to not spaz at my roommate who is yelling on her phone again….
I am quite literally in the hallway with my earphones in playing music full blast AND I CAN STILL HEAR HER!!! You guys know that super angry looking devil emoticon? Yeah he’s here right now.
Okay. Moving. On. I’ve been working on my Kinesiology application after a super long day, so there is limited brain function over here – hence the scattered thoughts! I’ve decided that it is the perfect time for a lil’ ol’ survey – so grab some coffee (and hopefully some peace and freaking quiet!!). 🙂
I stole this one from Laura, mainly because it is the most recent one floating around the Interwebz and I don’t want to be that creeper looking at someone’s post from 2011…
1. What is your current health goal?
PR in the half marathon! Ultimately I dream of running sub 1:45, but I have decided that is a bit too lofty of a goal to accomplish during one training cycle. So I’m just going to chip away at my 1:53 PR until it comes naturally. 🙂
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
Hmmm….the microwave beeping before I pull my food out, my cell phone dying, toenail polish chipping off…shall I continue? My biggest fear is of being submerged in water, but I can’t decide if that’s irrational or not. I’ve never drowned nor come close to it but I won’t even set foot near a pool, let alone the ocean. (and I had a friend ask me to do a triathlon! HAHAHAHAHA)
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Is this even a question?! Michael Buble playing in the background, sitting by the fireplace with my dearest madre getting gifts ready for Christmas? It’s probably my favourite part of the holiday season. But wrapping presents for any other occasion…I usually use a bag with tissue paper. 😉
4. What’s your favourite cross-training activity?
Lifting weights! I tried the elliptical once and lasted approximately 37 seconds. Truth.
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
I would take you on a run along the Seawall, and then we would get smoothies at Whole Foods before wandering around every. single. aisle. After that, we would probably attempt to go shopping on West 4th ave before dying of boredom an hour in, and bail to go eat more delicious food (preferably Heirloom) and explore Vancouver.
6. You have two weeks off work and two round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Toulouse, France. I don’t really need to take anyone because one of my closest friends actually lives there, and I haven’t seen her in far far too long. But if I had two tickets, I would bring our other friend Naomi in a heartbeat (she is from New Jersey; we all met on a volunteer trip)
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Well, that’s a rather pointed question, isn’t it? I haven’t really had any disasters…but it was pretty awkward getting into the elevator with a regular at my old cafe when I was breathing so hard I couldn’t form sentences nor use the buttons (numb fingers, thanks Alberta winters).
8. Tell me the three best days of your life. Or at least the first three that pop into your mind.
1. Finishing the Calgary Half Marathon. I felt on top of the world for pretty much that whole week.
2. My first day back at work this past December, after being away for three months. I basically skipped around the cafe for six hours and got paid. (in case this wasn’t obvious, I would work there for free)
3. One random day during first semester. I have no idea which one it was, but I remember feeling so happy with where my life was that I almost started crying. A combination of good friends, confidence, fun classes and a surprise visit from your boss from aforementioned cafe will do that to ya.
9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food mea. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
Cookie dough ice cream from Marble Slab, hands down. And if you don’t consider ice cream a legitimate meal (crazy pants), a burger from In’n’Out. Plus a milkshake. The fact that there are none in Canada is
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
ABSO – FREAKING – LUTELY. I met James and Oliver Phelps, hugged them, and then cried. (don’t worry, I was able to hold it in until leaving). The only thing that would have been better was meeting the Queen herself, but that day will come too.
11. Share a picture of yourself in non-workout clothes!
This was surprisingly not challenging…thank you, Italy. ❤
12. If you could choose to have a do-over and switch careers, what would you choose and why?
Well, since I’m smack dab in the middle of a “career change” (but still in university), I wouldn’t change a thing! I wouldn’t even start my first year as a Kinesiology major, because the Media Studies program allowed me to meet my wonderful friends, have a (much needed) break from science, and succeed in Computer Science! Yes, I am actually thankful for that because it’s what gave me the courage to study science again.
13. If you won the Olympic Gold Medal – how do you think you would react?
I would probably give it to Shalene Flanagan. I’m not even American but damn that girl deserves it.
14. What do you want for Christmas?
I’m so incredibly thankful for everything that I received a month ago, there are no “things” that I have any desire for. But if everything works out this fall so that I’m in Toulouse for Christmas 2015…I wouldn’t complain.
15. What skill do you lack?
Spontaneity. I’ve gotten a lot better at it since moving to Vancouver, but I still get anxious whenever I don’t have at least a day to prepare for whatever is happening.
I’m copying Laura! Pick one, and tell me your own answer!