Wasn’t it just Thursday yesterday? It’s always scary how fast time flies when I’m at school. So much to do, so little time! Thanks to Amanda for hosting the best linkup of the week. Bring on the randomness!
1. I am at the end of my dining-hall rope. There isn’t a lot that I can actually tolerate from my residence’s dining hall, let alone enjoy. Cottage cheese with frozen blueberries and mangoes is pretty much the only thing I look forward to eating there – and it has been missing for the past few days! There is literally a hole in the salad bar where it used to live and it is making me annnngry. Also hangry.
2. There are only 3 months left of my first semester. Say what? I thought grade twelve went by fast. Granted, three months is pretty much the entire semester but still. It’s not really bittersweet, though. I’m excited to live in my own apartment, cook, decorate, and feel more established in my degree. So soon!
3. Although I may not have a degree. Yet. Like I said yesterday, if I don’t get into Media Studies, I want to spend a few months of next year in Toulouse! Granted I will have to find a visa and a job, but it is definitely something I am willing to work to make happen.
4. The library is already open until 10pm. That is where I am writing this post from, and I sincerely hope there are not people already studying that late. Are there even assignments out yet? The guy across from me is on Facebook, though, so there’s that. 🙂
5. I ran up a hill this morning. I usually go out of my way to find flat routes, but I took a chance on some elevation change this morning! I’m giving up the whole ‘monitoring pace’ thing until I can run for at least an hour easily, so I decided I might as well go for it. I’m even considering doing some (gasp) hill sprints soon.
Can you even imagine?! One could buy a beautiful house, car, go on a shopping spree, donate a ton of money to charity, start + finish a retirement fund with money left over…or they could drink alcohol for a night. Hm. Difficult decision.
7. My brain is getting an MRI. Or I am getting an MRI. 😉 I’m actually super excited! I’ve been obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy lately, and they are always doing these fancy brain surgeries. Obviously I wouldn’t be pumped to get my brain cut open, but I’m hoping it will be at least a little more fun than lying on a bed like I did for my knee. But I am clueless about medicine so who knows.
8. Anyone else find this a little curious?
They are right next to each other in the bookstore, and maybe this is my over-analyst coming out, but it feels like it is spookily hinting at some (becoming outdated!) societal stereotypes for men and women. Men must be big and strong, women must be small and delicate…I know the fitness boom is beginning to diminish these, and more and more women are looking to get strong, but still…ugh. It makes me squirm.
9. Making coffee in your dorm ROCKS. You save money, enjoy better quality…that is, until you forget how to clean the Aeropress you’ve used 100+ times and dump coffee grounds all over your desk. And bags. And bed. I cleaned off the emergent stuff, but I still haven’t gotten to the rest of it…#CollegeStudentProbs right?
10. Leaving it at #9 today because my brain has officially left the building! Or does this count as #10? I don’t like numbers so don’t answer that for me.
Tell me your plans for the fall!