Good morning all you wonderful people! I know that I say this every week, but holy man alive is it ever the perfect day for Thinking Out Loud. Amanda seriously knew what she was doing when she came up with it! I honestly feel like life has been GOGOGO since the moment I got back to Vancouver the evening of October 8, and has stopped for absolutely nothing. Not weekends, evenings…nada.
I’m pretty impressed with myself though for posting my fourth day in a row amidst all the chaos!
It’s not because I’ve been procrastinating homework.
1. I actually have NOT been procrastinating homework. And when I do, it’s only because I am putting it off in favour of finishing another assignment! As per usual, most of my other courses are falling behind as I have been studying for computer science non. freaking. stop. I have my second midterm in two weeks and I am frightened for my life.
2. But NO LONGER while running! You guys – this morning I did something big – I ran outside in the dark! I have been forcing myself to go on the treadmill lately, since I need to get my run in before sunrise if I want to go to class (seeing as they cost $500 each, I sorta do). But this morning I swallowed my fear and conquered six miles. Aside from a yelp when a construction worker opened his car door, there were zero incidents! 😉
3. But there was a rather furry close call. So, I saw a
snake skunk (edit: the effects of writing a post after a 14 hour day. i have yet to see a live snake and hope to keep it that way). 100% real, live snake for the first time in my eighteen years of existence. Luckily I was far enough away that I could cross the road before even coming close to it, but…could you imagine the alternative? I’m pretty sure I would have skipped all my classes out of embarrassment.
4. I’m getting slower. My run this morning FELT awesome (hugely in part to my newfound badass-ness), but it was a 9:02 pace. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever ran anything above a 9:00 pace in my memory, even long training runs for my half marathon. So I’m wondering what the cause is – I’ve been sleeping well, eating well (ALLthecarbs), and stretching + strength consistently! This is not the right direction for a 1:45 half!!
5. I convinced some friends to try sweet potato + PB. It’s a well-known fact in the blog world how unbelievably delicious that combo is, but the ‘real world’ seems to shy away in disgust. Win!
6. Never eat again. Okay, obviously NOT! I just have so many issues with this it is not even funny. Do we really live in a world where people think the physical act of eating is too much work?!
7. Because real work is a long grocery store commute. When your only method of transportation is walking, and your grocery store is 1.5 miles away, it gets old fast. Add to the fact that I need to carry as many bags as humanly possible to last me the week. Yay exercise? But not really. 😉
And yes, I realize the epic first world problem-ness of that statement.
8. I almost just fell asleep. I’ve been feeling slightly nauseous all day, and just so so tired. I have gotten some pretty good nights of sleep lately so I’m a bit confused, but I’m goin’ with it anyway. Time to crash for (hopefully) NINE hours. And ignore the massive to-do-list. Hey, I did my laundry yesterday. Cut me some slack.
9. Because autocorrect apparently won’t. Okay, I know I said I was sleeping, but the autocorrect on my computer WILL be the death of me. It’s not like on iPhones where you can type what it changed for the second time and it stays that way – nope, I can retype a word twenty times (not that I did that) and it will CONTINUE CHANGING IT! Apple, you are just wrong.
Have you ever experienced awful fatigue and have no idea why?
I’ve had my iron stores checked multiple times and they’ve always been fine, but maybe I should again?
Any skunk experiences?