Well, after a whirlwind five days at home for Thanksgiving, I am officially on my third day back at school! Wow, that went by (almost) as fast as my break. Time. Is. Scary. I feel like my time starting from the plane back to Vancouver up until now has just been a nonstop train of business/surprises/funny happenings so what better way to lay it out on the table than Thinking Out Loud?! Answer: none.
1. I found a dead bug in my bug. Yes, you 100% read that right. I arrived back at my dorm room around 11pm and was frantically unpacking / putting my epic food stash in the freezer when I saw a mug exactly like mine sitting on the counter of the floor lounge. I couldn’t believe someone had the exact same mug as me – it’s a cute little owl and fairly unique – but there’s no way I forgot mine there before going home! Wrong. I guess in my packing frenzy Wednesday afternoon I left it there, and someone decided that it was the perfect weapon for the creepy dead bug sitting on the wall. I knocked it out the window with a kleenex but still haven’t been able to bring myself to clean it / even consider drinking out of it…
2. I got an A on my first university essay! Technically it was an A – and technically it was only 80%…but it is an A and I am freaking proud of it!
3. Who doesn’t love getting drunk on a plane? Seeing as I have been of legal age for exactly two weeks, I haven’t experienced this yet. But the three guys in front of me on the way back took a leeeeeetle too much advantage of the in-flight bar service – the flight attendant had to actually cut them off and refuse to serve more. Yikes.
4. Back on the gum-free wagon. Day 2. University record so far is five days. I have freaking got this.
5. I also have ALL the cheap food. I checked my meal plan balance vs. recommended balances for certain times of year and apparently I need to spend a maximum of $85 between now and December 1 if I want to stay on track…a little awkward seeing as its tough to make ONE meal under $10. Looks like there are many, many trips to Save On in my future. 😉
6. Quest bars are not doin’ it anymore. I was SOSO excited to buy two boxes of Quest bars when I went home and I’ve been all stoked to enjoy them microwaved, but…they’re kind of gross. I’ve had the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough once and Cookies & Cream twice and they’ve all ranged between “meh” and “gross”. The C&C has actually been disgustingly powdery – not sure if I just got two bad boxes or what! I used to be absolutely obsessed with these babies. Better for the bank account / #5 I suppose.
7. I could really use a drink. I’m sorry. Is that bad to say on the internet? I’m of legal age at home, I promise. I’ll show you my ID. But sadly I am not legal in my current city of residence and sometimes a girl just needs a caesar. Or a glass of prosecco. I’ll accept either. 😉 But those are actually the only things I will consume. Everything else just makes my insides burn.
8. I am hilarious about laundry. Sometimes I genuinely LOVE doing it – and other times it takes me 2 hours / 2 days to work up the motivation to dump my darks in the washer. Apparently I took two minutes too long tonight because the washer was being used. DAMN.
9. My friend got 93% on the computer science midterm. I did not even know that was humanly possible…I literally disregarded the bar chart saying people scored between 95-100% because HOW?!?! For the record, I jumped up and down over a 73% and thought they entered it wrong (instead of 37%).
Laundry: love it or hate it?
Any tips on beating the gum addiction (for good)?