In the spirit of the Thinking Out Loud randomness over at Amanda’s, I’m going to let you in on a little secret – I HATE digging through all my pictures for the Thinking Out Loud picture. It’s gorgeous, but man it takes SO long. And if I miss it, I end up scrolling until the cows come home before I realize my mistake. 😉
1. I ran 7 miles again! Holy man alive was it tough, and I couldn’t do it nonstop. I ran 2 miles to the gym, 3.5 on the treadmill, and then 1.5 to the grocery store to reward myself with an iced chai latte. ❤ Seriously though, as soon as I got to the gym I was dripping in sweat. There were several face wiping with shirt occurrences. Attractive.
2. Debit machine limits are lame. When I got to the gym and took mini break #1, I was buying water and didn’t have cash on me. So I had to buy two crap filled protein bars that I promptly threw out so that I could chug 1 litre of water on the treadmill.
3. Gelato is not excellent pre-run fuel. My best friend and I had a birthday planning session over a looooot of chocolate gelato. Wonderful and fun, but my stomach was not thrilled on said run above a couple hours later. Still worth it.
4. The SCARIEST thing happened to me Wednesday morning. I got out of bed, and my legs literally buckled beneath me. I had to grab onto my bed to not fall. Then, after I regained my balance and walked 3 steps to the door, it happened again! This is calf soreness on STEROIDS. I know my 7 mile run the day before was taxing, but it’s not like I have only ever run 2 miles in my life. I did this distance 2 weeks ago (faster) and was totally fine! Anyway, work that day was interesting. Let’s leave it at that.
5. I have a high school diploma! Yeah, it finally came in the mail. Not as impressive as I was hoping for, but hey. I DESERVE IT.
6. I also deserve a margarita. My main mission on my 18th birthday: Find the sweetest, fruitiest, most sugar-laden margarita known to man so that it covers up the taste of alcohol. That
7. Birthday mission #2: Get carded as many times as possible. That means buying a lottery ticket, random things at a liquor store, and ordering all drinks when at restaurants. 🙂
8. I’m a bit nervous for my birthday. I have never gone to anything even resembling a club so I have no idea what to expect. I don’t even know what time is normal to start going out! Should I eat dinner before or while bar hopping? I’m sooooo clueless.
Tell me: what else should I do on my 18th birthday?