Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
I have been all over the place lately, missing my favourite link ups so I am NOT repeating it!
1. I slept in today. It is 6:10am. 😉 I honestly woke up without an alarm. I know there are some crazies (ahem, our awesome host Amanda) who naturally wake up hours earlier, but I’m supposed to be a teenager. I don’t think I have ever in my life slept past 10am…
2. I graduate high school tomorrow. UM, EXCUSE ME? How was this not #1? I don’t even know what words to use to describe how I’m feeling. On the one hand, I feel like time has flown by and somebody needs to tell me exactly when it stopped being September 2009. And then on the other hand, it’s like BRING. IT. ON. I’ve definitely been ready to graduate for a while now, but the fact that it’s tomorrow is a little bit unbelievable.
I haven’t tried on the shoes I’m wearing in three years. I hope I don’t fall walking across the stage.
3. It’s mildly important to read degree requirements. I set up a possible schedule for myself, SUPER pumped at all the classes I was taking: French, English, Political Science, Creative Writing, and Classics. Basically all of my dream courses, smooshed into one ridiculously early-morning schedule. Annnnd, then I saw this:
It is important that students understand and appreciate scientific methods, applications and reasoning.
Um, no. No thank you. I reject this request. Although I guess if I want to actually receive a degree at the end of four years, I probably should not. I will promise you one thing, though. I will run through the Sahara Desert and eat a spider before I take another chemistry or math course. And that is NOT an exaggeration.
4. I have some bad shoe situations. #2 reminded me of this: Friday is my last long run before my half marathon (!!!). So guess who is going to be awake at 5am, running for over 90 minutes, then back to run around in heels ALL DAY for TWO DAYS?! It’s also worth noting that the last time I wore heels was my sixteenth birthday. Pray for me.
5. Say Sayonara to the scale. So WOW that is totally unrelated to the last four but that is what Thinking Out Loud is all about, hey? Well, here’s the thing about “training”. It makes you eat a lot. Sometimes a little too much. Which results in the scale going up. Lately I’ve been waking up, feeling pretty good when I look in the mirror, and then disappointed when I step on the scale. SO. DUMB. My legs have grown because they have some badass MUSCLE and I am going to allow my casual 2 hour run tell me how awesome they are, not the scale. 🙂
6. Mizuno Wave Enigmas. I got new shoes! The arches in my foot suddenly started HURTING horribly right after my runs. After my 11 mile run, it got to the point where I could barely walk. I realized that I had put a decent amount of miles on my Wave Riders and they might just be toast. So, I bought new shoes, expecting to feel better, but I don’t. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but my legs have been feeling off on the only two runs I’ve worn them for, plus I developed a knot in my quad the size of a baseball. The week before my race, this is not ok.
7. Mini Rant: Uneducated Employees: Every year of my life since the time I was five years old, I’ve been doing some sort of physio for my feet/legs. I don’t know what the scientific term is, but I lean out on the sides of my feet whenI run/walk. When I was getting new shoes, this employee who looked like she couldn’t care less told me that I pronated in, and then proceeded to bring me 11 pound stability shoes that made me look like Mr. Clown. No. P
8. I officially give up on school. Except I can’t because there’s this dumb little thing called university that I sort of need to stay accepted to. Although I don’t need to use my math mark so I’ve been sitting in class playing scrabble and reading blogs .;) And then I look up and I’m like…
9. 2 weeks left of Math. 2 weeks left of #*$#)!&##@ English. (It makes me so sad that I hate that class but that is ANOTHER story). 2 weeks left until I am no longer a high school student. Because there is (hopefully) no question of me at least passing my diplomas…
10. Emma’s grumbling stomach + a thousand delicious instagram pictures = WHAT DO I EAT FOR BREAKFAST? I think I need to be done with the yogurt bowl kick (at least the way I do it) so now I’m torn between basically every option available: pancakes, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothie…help.
What time do you naturally wake up?
Best breakfast food, NOW.