Every Thursday I feel like I say this, but every Thursday it’s just too true…THANK YOU Amanda for giving me a 100% legitimate excuse for word vomit. I also always say that this week it is the most needed, but it’s really true this time. I promise!
1. I accepted my offer of admission to UBC! It still feels surreal that I am moving to Vancouver to go to my dream school…but it just goes to show that hard work pays off! I have literally worked my ass off nonstop for the past two years so it shouldn’t be a surprise that I got in. But I am still so so happy! 🙂 Move-in day is September 1st so I have almost exactly four months left at home. Let’s pretend I didn’t just say that.
2. I’m so excited for classes! I have already decided exactly what I want to take. Obviously knowing me this will most likely change, but as of now I am taking two English classes, two Kinesiology classes, two Political Sciences classes, and one course in each of Journalism, Psychology and Economics! I’m currently registered as an English major but in Arts you don’t apply for the major until your second year, so I still have time to change my mind. I still have no idea what to do with my life but we’re not jumping off that cliff today.
3. I need shoes. Yes, every girl needs shoes but I actually NEED to get my shoes for grad! My dress is approximately 6.8 miles long and so I need to buy my shoes so that I can have my dress hemmed! Less than a month to go and I seriously hope it will not take that long to be tailored.
4. Speaking of shoes…There is sort of a serious problem around here. I cannot walk in heels. When I was trying on dresses I had to have the store owner hold me up in the model shoes because I am literally that awful in them. I’m considering wedges but I also just really want to wear heels so I don’t know. This is the epitome of a first world problem.
5. MORE SHOES! I need these in my life. End of discussion.
WHAT? You don’t love obnoxiously neon shoes too?
6. Maybe I’m just an English nerd but I feel like it’s really ironic that I’m obsessed with shoes in the most non-stereotypical “girl obsessed with shoes” sort of way. Hello, no heels and running shoes. 🙂
7. I have a confession to make. I’ve been drinking Starbucks again. Living farther away from my coffee shop and my sad lack of a coffee grinder has made my coffee consumption drop considerably. My WIAW shows a lot of coffee because I was moving out of my old place, which is attached to my coffee shop! And now that we are moved out this problem has arisen. I’m firmly planted on the vanilla latte train and I’m not getting off. My greatest apologies to my bank account.
8. In 53 days I will never utter the word “math” again. I’m dreaming of factorials and the binomial theorem…this is NOT okay. After my diploma exam I will never take another math course and life is going to be one hundred thousand times better. And then when I’m queen of the world and my math teacher wants something from me I’m going to tell him that the only way he can get it is if he solves a stupid math equation. BECAUSE MATH IS POINTLESS. Rant over.
9. I am ending on #9 today. Because it’s a #9 sort of day. 🙂
Did/do you like math?
Thoughts on Vancouver?!?!