There once was a banana.
He was very sad.
He was too old and nobody loved him anymore.
Resigning himself to a black, mushy end, he was inconsolable.
But then, something happened! For a fleeting moment he thought he would be rescued.
And then he realized that he was in for the ultimate demise.
In muffin form. 🙂
I followed NO recipe for these babies! I literally threw ingredients (“I think these go in muffins?”) into a bowl, spooned them in a muffin tin and said a prayer.
Turns out, that prayer was unneeded! They were a huge success!
Minus the frying pan that I forgot to take out of the oven while it was preheating…but don’t worry, there was no fire. 😉
These have NO unhealthy, artificial ANYTHING. They are full of natural, wholesome ingredients, and if I may say so myself are pretty darn delicious.
I’m already planning my breakfasts around these with copious amounts of peanut butter.
This recipe is a small batch, yielding only four, but the double/triple/quadruple as you see fit.
Wholesome + Delectable Banana Bread Muffins: Makes four muffins
- 1/2 cup oats (I used Scottish)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Remove all items beforehand. 😉 )
- In a medium sized bowl, mash banana
- Grind oats in a food processor/blender until a flour forms. Transfer to banana bowl
- Add in all remaining ingredients (egg, maple syrup, baking powder)
- Stir until combined
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for twenty minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
I’m linking these up to the WIAW party hosted by the lovely Jenn! Go check out everyone else’s delicious eats, and let me know if you give these a try! I hope you love them as much as I do. 🙂