When I say five minutes, I literally mean five minutes.
There is none of this “plus assembly” or “it takes me five minutes because I’ve done it a million and one times” monkey business going on around here.
Sundays are my only day off – I am not interested in spending the entire day in the kitchen! Who has time for that? As I said on Friday, though, I’m tired of relying on processed protein bars for all my snacks. Enter: the world of energy bites.
When I first attempted these little balls of wonder, I made Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites. They were a success! But I wanted to try something a little different.
I had just bought another bar of nut butter that sadly did not make my heart beat even a little bit faster. I didn’t want to put it to waste, but it just didn’t deserve my apples, the true test of nut butter in my opinion.
I also wanted to switch up the texture a little bit, and add some protein!
Coconut Peanut Protein Bites were born.
By not blending the oats, you get a dense, crunchy texture that, thanks to the nut butter, melts in your mouth. These are no fuss, made with super simple ingredients that will get you on your way!
Coconut Peanut Protein Bites: Makes 8
(Note: I ended up with 7 because there was a spoon beside me. Enough said)
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 drops stevia (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice ( I used almond milk)
- Stir chosen nut butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Add in oats.
- Mix the protein powder in as much as you can, then add the almond milk so that it fully incorporates.
- Add vanilla and stevia.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge/freezer!
How much patience do you have for food prep?