Or, just Think Out Loud and make everyone’s lives a lot easier. 😉
Is it seriously Thursday already? I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that I was telling you about my love for this day. I suppose long weekends will do that to you, though. Sometimes they make the week feel like a thouuuusand years, but other times they make the days fly by! This one was the latter, luckily.
Thanks to Amanda for hosting the ever-wonderful link party!
1. They say patience is a virtue…But DAMN is it hard! I wrote my first diploma exam on January 14, and I STILL do not have the results back. The government told us we would likely get our marks in the mail by the third week in February, so they have one more day to redeem themselves. Actually, scratch that. Redemption is impossible after making two hours constitute 50% of university admissions grades. They have one more day until I lose my mind and sprint over to city hall and give them a piece of my mind.
2. My love for Jillian is waning. I used to be OBSESSED with her. Like, 13 year old girl Justin Bieber obsessed. I had legitimate heart palpitations when I saw her live show last ~April ish. Recently, though, I’ve been listening to her podcasts and they are irritating me more than they are making me happy. She thinks that counting calories is the ONLY way to be healthy and recommends 1200 calorie diets to callers while barely knowing their height and weight. It makes me sad because I used to think she was such an inspirational woman.
3. So is my love for gum! One thing Jillian HAS gotten through my head is the consequences of chemicals. I’m not eating everything organic yet, but I’ve been realizing the disgusting amount of chemicals in some of the things I eat very regularly, gum being one of them. I wouldn’t say I’m chewing less yet, but I’m not enjoying it as much so it’s definitely a start! Read the ingredients on yours. YUCK.
4. Instagram is a black hole. I thought by not having Tumblr or Facebook, I was saving myself from hours spent browsing social media. FALSE. Instagram and Pinterest have sucked. me. in. I need an intervention, STAT.
Let’s be honest, though, Instagram is the only thing that makes my meals look palatable.
5. Does anyone understand the Apple/Google Relationship? Because I sure don’t. I remember in the iPhone’s early days, Google was the default search engine and YouTube was an app on the home screen. And then, all of a sudden, I was using Yahoo (barf) and YouTube was nowhere to be found! I know now they are huge competitors (uh, who hasn’t had the Android/iPhone argument?) but when did they switch from partners to rivals?
6. Barney Butter. I heard about it for so long, bought two single serving packets to test it out, and then promptly forgot about them in the back of my cupboard since summertime. I ran out of almond butter the other day, and decided to test one out! Then I read the ingredients list: almonds, evaporated cane juice, palm oil, sea salt. Can you say YUCK? What happened to just nuts? I threw them out immediately – I know it’s not as bad as the hydrogenated crap in normal peanut butter, but I’m still grossed out by any weird ingredients. So my toast topper this morning was of the peanut variety, which, is never a bad thing anyway. 😉
7. I’m having a quarter-life crisis. I’ve gone through SO many phases about what I want to do with my life. I’ve literally gone from surgeon to lawyer to physiotherapist in a week. I’ve been set on working in publishing/communications for several months, but now I’m rethinking it. I am not willing to spend four years getting a degree and then managing Superstore. But it seems like all bachelors degrees are basically useless nowadays, and I’m not interested in 12 years of biology. WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE?!
8. I am so not a normal teenager. We did know this already (hello, health nut with a grandma bedtime), but the events on February the 14th confirmed that even more. I don’t have a boyfriend (because boys have cooties) so my mom and I went shopping after school. 🙂 We bought a panini press and decided that it was my Valentine’s Day present. And I am THRILLED. I’ve been making paninis in the waffle maker, but this one gives sandwiches the nice lines AND has reversible plates so I can cook eggs and pancakes on it too! I am waaaay too excited about this but I cannot contain it. I was originally also super excited about bringing it to university (dining hall food, no thank you) but then my coworker brought up the point that it might not be allowed. Any thoughts?
9. Wouldn’t you rather be outside?
10. I have a hole in my heart. A MASSIVE one. I haven’t baked in months. I did make some granola the other week,
but what I really need in my life are some homemade muffins. I couldn’t even tell you the last time those happened around here. So I think I will leave you now, and go fill that void with sugar. 🙂
Did you/do you know what you wanted to do with your life at 18?