And thank goodness it’s not Wednesday! I don’t have a speck of pink in sight. 😉
But I really do I love Thursdays.
I think I love them more than Fridays! There’s just so much good going on this time of the week – short day at school, work (I really love my job!), and a 6pm date with Ian Somerhalder. 😉
And, of course, the Thinking Out Loud link party hosted by Amanda! Reading everyone else’s random posts help make me feel ever so slightly less insane. 😉
1. I cannot get over Olympic alpine ski racing. None of this is new to me, as I was a part of that world for eleven years, but its amazing how some time away changes you! I was watching the men’s downhill race, and OH MY SWEET JESUS GOD I was cringing the entire time. Any time a guy lifted his leg slightly off balance I became convinced he was going to crash and tear up his knee. And I was terrified they would end up with concussions going off the jumps. Guys – 135 KILOMETRES PER HOUR! I’m scared to even drive that fast.
2. Is it bad that I’m seventeen and don’t have my driver’s license? I just don’t see the point. I live downtown and within walking distance of everything except school, which I can easily take the bus to. And even if we actually owned a car (which we don’t), I’m not particularly inclined to spend my entire pay check on gas and insurance. Please, doesn’t everyone always want more organic nut butter and running shoes? DUH.
Now if only these beauties would show up in Canada.
3. I think I believe in karma. I was having a panic attack yesterday morning because I couldn’t find my wallet – I could have sworn I had put it in my bag for the gym, and when it wasn’t there once I got home, I thought someone had pick pocketed me. I checked in my laundry basket (yep), at the grocery store, and no luck. It wasn’t until I went into work to ask my boss to put a stop on my undeposited pay check that my coworker told me someone from my building and brought it in. They clearly recognized me from the coffee shop and brought it over, leaving everything (including my $100+ cash) safely inside. Had I provided horrible customer service, who knows what they would have done! But because I smile and genuinely make an effort with every single customer, clearly the universe decided to pay me back.
4. I’m having a moment with plant based protein. Don’t get me wrong, I have zero intentions of becoming a vegetarian/vegan, but its been really nice to have some meatless meals here and there. My most recent obsession: Spinach salad with goat cheese, walnuts, chickpeas and raisins. I didn’t want it to end.
5. Do you know what I’m NOT having a moment with? DIET COKE. I know, I’m appalled too. It was such a habit for me, but the last few times I’ve ordered it at a restaurant or gotten a bottle, I haven’t even been able to finish it. I just feel like I’m drinking acid and it disgusts me.
6. I did my first morning workout EVER yesterday! I know I said that I wasn’t going to renew my gym membership, but I am physically unable to force myself to run in -30 degrees C. I have my limits. It was a little hard to wake up at 5am, but once I got going I was so glad that I did! I felt like a rock star the rest of the day, and my egg and avocado toast for breakfast tasted 98x better. 🙂
7. I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but I’m glad I payed attention in social class (similar to history) this year. I’m currently watching Pan Am, a show about Arline stewardesses set during the Cold War. Because we learned about American responses to communism and the Soviet Union’s expansionism, I am really able to understand the context of the show! I’m sorry, though, never in my life will quadratic transformations be helpful. Ever.
8. Disney is being sued over Lotso Bear from Toy Story 3! Apparently, a company in New Jersey has been selling identical bears for years and believes the movie harmed their sales. Honestly, I’m not sure who is in the wrong. I will forever associate that movie with the most awkward eighth grade date of my whole entire existence.
9. I really need a new haircut! Now that I’ve come to the (tragic) conclusion my hair will never be attractive long, I’ve fallen into a rut with a couple of long layers and never letting it grow too far past my shoulders. My highlights have all grown out and I feel like I look so plain! My mom has always wanted me to get dreadlocks (no joke), but that’s about as likely to happen as me becoming an Olympic figure skater (I’ve been on skates exactly twice in my life). I really hate the half-shaved look, and am not that inclined to frying my hair with more dye. Any suggestions?
10. I’ve been spending an embarrassing amount of time looking up cat pictures. I’ve always hated on cats, but…
Do you believe in karma?
Favourite way to waste time?