Good morning! 🙂 So, I have to admit that when I sat down to post, I had negative ideas. It might be from trying to solve too many quadratic transformations, but I think it’s mostly the -25C (-13F) weather we’re being treated to this week. Far cry from the gorgeous +10 (50F) we got for much of January.
LUCKILY, though, Meg from Meg Go Run
nominated me for the Liebster award! So I answer some random questions for funsies today and then nominate eleven other bloggers. It’s like she knew that I couldn’t think today. 😉 Thanks Meg! So here are ten things that you have just been dying
to know about me.
1. If you had to go for a run with any celebrity, who would you pick?
No-brainer: Ryan Reynolds. Boy runs a 3:50 marathon AND is Canadian.
2. Do you wear make up when you workout?
If I am going from school/public: YES. I’m not one to go through the effort of taking off all my makeup just to get sweaty. If I just wake up and go to the gym though, there’s no way. I don’t even wash my face until I get home again (usually around lunchtime on days off! 😉
NOT so much. The world is lucky if I spend ten minutes on my face on a school/work day.
3. Would you ever do one of those nude races?(What if it was guaranteed that no one you knew would be there?)
…I was not aware that was a thing. I do not intend to remember that that is a thing.
4. What’s the worst injury you’ve had?
I have had chronic knee recurring knee injuries for YEARS, but tearing my meniscus skiing was the absolute worst/most painful. Right after I did it, I couldn’t even stand up. They carried me down the race course in a sled and I had to take a YEAR off of ANY physical activity involving my lower body. It nearly killed me.
I wish I looked this cool when it happened.
5. Tell me your proudest, non fitness accomplishment.
Becoming the editor of my school newspaper. I want to work in writing after I graduate and to be able to take on that type of leadership role for my final year in high school made me so proud.
6. Tell me your proudest fitness accomplishment.
Does registering for my first half marathon count? It’s not really an accomplishment yet, haha. I used to be an awesome 800m back in my junior high school days, but I’m honestly just the most proud of where my health is today. I truly exercise because I love it and it makes me feel good, not to burn “fat” or “calories”. That is something I think I should be very proud of.
Cheesy, but the truth.
7. You just won a million dollars and you have to spend it all TODAY. What do you do?
1. Pay off all my close friends/family’s debt.
2. Buy my mom a wonderful present she would never get for herself.
3. Spend an amazing day with my best friend getting massages, meals out, and any shopping we want (hello mizunos!)
4. Donate the rest.
8. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Jessica Kreson. I don’t know why but it is the name I came up with with my best friend at age ~10. She was Jesse. We don’t talk anymore, but for some reason I have never forgotten it.
9. Name a talk show you would like to get interviewed on.
OPRAH. I’m sorry but I’m just not feeling Ellen these days. Don’t get me wrong, I adore her as a person but her show just doesn’t do it for me anymore. I don’t watch whatever it is that Oprah is doing nowadays but her old show was the bomb.com
Lady’s got style.
10. If you had to move to LA, NYC, or the middle of nowhere, which would you pick?
It has been my absolute DREAM to visit New York City for a solid five years. I was supposed to go in November of 2012 but Hurricane Sandy put a damper on those plans. I’m fully aware that citizens on the East Cost had far bigger problems and I am eternally grateful that it didn’t hit a week later, but man did it suck to not get to go. I’m just obsessed with the lights, the atmosphere, the way it seems like it changes people…I don’t even know. In my dream world, I would run the NYC Marathon as a qualifying race for the Boston Marathon…but that will be in my next life. All I know is that I need to see it at least once in my life. I couldn’t live there forever though. No offense to all you lovely Americans, but your health care system just doesn’t work for this Canadian. 🙂
This is my screensaver. I’m madly in love.
Thanks for the great questions, Meg! So, remember when I said that I didn’t have to think for this post? I was so wrong. I had to come up with TEN original questions of my own! That actually was not remotely hard though given that I am the most random person you will ever encounter in your entire existence. Add that to being remarkably
creepy curious and you have the makings for some pretty interesting questions! 😉
- What is the longest amount of time you have spent doing any one given activity?
- If you had to choose between the right and left side of your body, which one would you pick?
- What acronym drives you the most insane? (YOLOyoloYOLOyolo)
- What are the first three ingredients in last item that crossed your lips (gum included!)?
- Do your socks match (usually and right now)?
- Would you rather stay up until 3am finishing work or wake up at 3am to get it done?
- What is one thing that you have always thought about doing but never actually did?
- If you put the five things you eat most often in a blender, would you drink the smoothie it made?
- Name one thing that you love about yourself. ❤ (because I’m a cheese ball)
- What is the first song on your running/workout/favourite playlist?
ANNNNNND, these are the wonderful bloggers that I would love to answer my delightful questions! (And make up their own!)
Liz: Carpe Diem & Run
Brittany: Dulce Vie
Christine: Apple of My Eye
Sunnie: Modern Girl Nutrition
Julie: Julie Goes Healthy
Chelsea: Make Real Food
Kaitlin: California Endless Summer
Courtney: Running for Cupcakes
Miranda: Lovely Wife, Lovely Life
Have a terrific Tuesday!
Answer one of Meg’s questions for me!