Are you hungry?
Let’s hope so. You do NOT want to miss out on this. 🙂
I’ve been craving granola in a bad way recently. The “coconut chia” and “dark chocolate strawberry” labels have been CALLING to me. Non. Stop. But the ingredient lists never fail to make me sad. And on the rare occasion that I don’t actually break a sweat trying to figure out what exactly is in said packaged granola, the price makes my wallet too sad.
So, the solution was simple.
Just like everything else, granola is WAY better homemade. I originally wanted to use coconut butter in this, but it turns out that leaving a jar in the back of your cupboard for 7+ months does not have a very appetizing result! Go figure! I substituted LOTS of delicious coconut flakes to give this granola a nice kick of my favourite flavour. The cranberries and honey pump up the sweetness without being overpowering, and really compliment the coconut.
This granola is PACKED full of nutrients from the cranberries and whole grain oats, plus delectable healthy fats from the coconut. I hope you give this a shot! 🙂
Cranberry Coconut Granola:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I used sweetened because that’s what I had, but feel free to use unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine oats and honey, mixing until no lone oat flakes remain
- Add in coconut and cranberries, mixing in evenly and thoroughly
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every ~8 to make sure it all gets toasted
- Let stand on the counter for ~15 minutes, or until crispy!
This post is linked up with Recipe Friday over at CandyFit, one of my favourite Canadian blogs!