How’s that for a title? Happy Tuesday! Today is like my Monday. Boo. 😦 Although I don’t have class this week, it’s still JAM. PACKED.
I studied all day long yesterday, and then:
Tuesday: Social exam 9am-12pm. Chemistry diploma prep 5:30-9:30pm
Wednesday: Study biology all day loonnnng. Chemistry diploma prep 5:30-9:30pm
Thursday: Biology exam 9am-12pm. Work 2:30pm-6:30pm
I do work on Saturday, but only for 6 hours and then I’m off on Sunday! Yay for my first day off in 2+ weeks. Anyway, my schedule is not interesting! But fluffy oats packed with protein and vitamins ARE!
By adding chia seeds mixed with water (which absorb a ton of liquid), along with pumpkin puree and a whole egg, your once-measly serving size of oats has TRIPLED into a bowl full of delectable goodness full of protein, healthy fats and energy boosting carbohydrates.
Fast & Voluminous Protein-Packed Pumpkin Oats:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or milk of choice (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I just pour a bit in)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 1/2 cup water
- Optional spices
- Toppings galore! Bananas, apples, nut butter and dried fruit are my favourites. 🙂
- Combine oats and chia seeds and set in the fridge for 10-30 minutes (I do this step right when I wake up, and check it occasionally to make sure it doesn’t solidify too much.)
- Add oats and water in a pot, cover, and heat on high until boiling.
- Once bubbling, lower heat, remove lid, and cook until the oats are 90% done, stirring frequently.
- Add vanilla and any other spices your little heart desires (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)
- Thoroughly stir in the chia seed mixture.
- And do the same with the pumpkin!
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl, whisk, and stir vigorously until well combined with the oats.
- Decorate and DEVOUR.
I mean, you’re pretty much having