This week is quite the week of link parties. You’ll have to forgive me, though. As you’ve heard (multiple times) by now, my brain is otherwise occupied. I need help in the inspiration department! So I’m linking up with Five Things Friday to share some of my all-time favourite, well, EVERYTHING!
Five Favourite Recipes (when you are a lazy pants with zero time)
1. Double Chocolate Mug Cake. SO…I’ve been having this for breakfast lately, not just dessert/snackage. What can I say?! Early mornings make a girl crave her chocolate.
2. Cheese, Black Bean & Corn Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Avocado Crema. Dear lord, I just may pass out. This sounds TO DIE FOR. And she promises it’s fast, so if you weren’t already dead, you are now. I cannot get over this girl’s blog. The food, the pictures…serious girl crush over here.
3.Cranberry Egg Sandwich. I NEED this in my life! I just have to muster up the motivation to make that cranberry sauce.
4. Homemade Coconut Latte. No recipe needed – just add coconut extract to espresso and steamed milk. YUM. I’ve been having this a ton recently – caffeine is necessary at all hours of the day.
5. Muffins! Toasted with some peanut or almond butter…
Five Favourite Workouts (when you are a lazy pants with negative time)
1. RUNNING! Because I finally can again, which is a beautiful thing.
2. Heads, Shoulders, Knees + Toes Full Body Workout. I LOVE this! It’s not TOO intense (although it could easily be if you added more sets) but it works my muscles just hard enough and gets me sweating in under 20 minutes. I’m not sure what else I could ask for in a workout.
3. 10-6 Workout. I did the 10-1 version of this back when I had a bit more time and was just getting into strength training, but it was AMAZING and truly sparked my love of circuit training. I am positive it would still be great as the 10-6 version, and that is very likely what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon!
4. September Sizzler Workout. This one also looks great, though! Maybe I should switch it up. I’ve been trying not to repeat my workouts too much, considering there is a seemingly INFINITE amount of circuits out there.
5.Weekend Circuit Workout. THIS. KILLED. ME. I died. I did not leave the gym and this post is actually a figment of your imagination.
Okay, so clearly I’m exaggerating, but this was SO HARD! I loved every second of it, though.
Five Favourite Foods (that start with C – because I can)
1. Chocolate. Because you can’t not.
2. CARROTS! I’m a rabbit. It’s cool.
3. Coffee. I haven’t mentioned this on the blog, but I have been working at a local, family-owned coffee shop since September and I am absolutely LOVING it. I have learned so much about the coffee industry and am now proud to say I love the taste and drink it black. I went from a latte-only type of girl to a “this isn’t too nauseating’ to ‘can I have another please please pretty please I’ve only had 6.6 so far today”
4. Chicken. So many people hate plain chicken breast but it is my all-time favourite food. Any time my mom asks what I want for dinner I say plain chicken breast. Barbecued is my favourite but I also love it 100% plain. I realize I am a freak of nature, this has already been established.
5. Cranberries. Specifically of the dried variety. How did I not have these in my life until (literally) this month?! I’ve been putting them in everything lately – from oatmeal to yogurt and have been dreaming of them in a plethora of baked goods. Just you wait until January 28…it will be recipe city up in here.
Five Favourite Books: Last week I told you the books I was reading, but these are my favourite as of late. I am absolutely a bookworm and English nerd. Judge me.
1. Great Expectations. Ugh, so many people probably hate me for listing this as #1 but I just cannot help it. I LOVED this book. I read it first in class, but kept rereading it and got an absolutely beautiful bound version of it for Christmas a few years ago.
2. Divergent. I read this book WAY before anybody else. Just saying. It’s what truly inspired me to start working on my own novel, something I’ve wanted to do my whole life.
3. Writing Jane Austin. A genuinely well-written book with a unique storyline. Read it!
4. Creative Confidence. No shame. It is an extremely informative book about unlocking creative potential within ANY aspect of your life (not just traditional drawing, writing, etc.) Writing may be my preferred form of self-expresison but the tools given here can be applied to so many things in so many ways. Love it!
5. The Harry Potter series. I may not be as 900000% obsessed with it as I used to be, but it was such a part of my life for so long that I can’t not include it. I’ve read all the books 15+ times and seen all the movies in a row (that’s 20 hours, folks).
Favourite book of all time?
What letter does your favourite food start with?