Good morning! I couldn’t not link up with Thinking Out Loud today, considering it’s the perfect way to get out all of the thoughts in my brain that I have no way to organize because I am too busy studying! So thank you, Amanda! 😉
1. I feel like we have some sort of control over our sleep cycles. I’ve been SO unbearably stressed this week, and despite the fact that I woke up at 5am for the first time on Tuesday (I usually get up at 7am), I’ve woken up naturally without an alarm the past two days. I literally just jump out of bed, ready for action. It’s insanity.
2. Eating is inconvenient. – Says the girl who HATES eating on the run and likes to take a looooooonnnnggg time to enjoy meals. I still take study breaks when I’m hungry, but I’m usually in and out of the kitchen in <5 minutes.
3. Except for the fact that I’ve been forgetting to get hungry?! My brain is just too full, I suppose. I wonder what area of the brain coordinates hunger. The frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex is responsible for memory, and the parietal lobe processes sensory information….
4. These albums…are GOOD. I’m not usually one for uber mainstream pop (sidenote: people that actually enjoy popular music but can’t admit it and listen to alternative for the sake of being hipster drive me CRAZY! But I digress.), but this music has been seriously perking up my day.
5. The combination that is peanut butter and chocolate. Can we just take a moment? I made these from Averie Cooks over the break, and now I need (NEED!) this chocolate peanut butter bread in my life from How Sweet Eats] Not to mention I’ve been eating chocolate peanut butter yogurt, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal…its a problem.
6. Ugly shoes have been trendy for far too long. First it was TOMS, then Sperry’s, and now Sorels?! Don’t even get me started on Doc’s. I have a pair of Sorels that I bust out for -40 C / F days (hello, Alberta winters), but I’m certainly not trying to make a fashion statement and change out of them as soon as I get to school. My greatest apologies if these are your favourite brands of shoes but I just do not understand the hype.
7. I am DONE with high school. The petty drama and immaturity level makes me want to rip my hair out. I cannot explain how excited I am for university and to be around actually like-minded people. It’s SUCH foreign concept right now.
What’s your opinion on recent shoe trends?
Do you always need an alarm?