Maybe there’s something to this “recovery” business after all!
Yesterday, I went for my first run in THREE WEEKS. No, I wasn’t just super lazy (only a little bit). I got my wisdom teeth out on December 13, and for a while there even walking hurt my mouth. Anything high impact was out of the question. I started working out again after one week, but only low-impact circuits. I had another one written out that I brought with me to the gym yesterday, but the treadmills were calling my name! So off I went. I did 5.0 miles @ 8:18 average pace, 0% incline. I just can’t make myself switch it to 1%, it hurts so much more.
Anyway, immediately after I got home I had a mocha protein smoothie and then STRETCHED AND FOAM ROLLED for a good 15+ minutes. And today, I’m barely sore at all. Normally when I jump back into running after a break I can’t make it three feet without whining, but right now I feel about 80%, muscles-wise. Win. 🙂
So, if you’re not doing this already, START. It makes a difference. Moving on, today I’m linking up to Five Things Friday! Because it involves lists and random thoughts, aka my jam.
Five Food Combinations
- Eggs + Hummus. With runny yolks!
- Blueberries + pomegranates + goat cheese. No words.
- Almond butter + yogurt. Totally missed the train on this one. Judge me.
- Salsa + kabocha squash. Try it!
- Chocolate + PB. Tried and true. Cannot be beat.
Five Books I’m Currently Reading. Yes, I have literary ADD.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling. I started reading this before I knew it was written by JK Rowling and I swear I could feel her through the writing. Magical.
- The Rosie Project.
- Creative Confidence.
- Crazy Sexy Diet. Not too sure how I feel about this. Expect a recap
Five Songs I’m Loving
- Roar by Katy Perry.
- Let Her Go by Passenger.
- Comme on Attend le Printempts by Jerome Couture. I could care less that I have zero idea what the words to this song mean, it’s beautiful.
- Say Something by Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
- Gold Trans Am by Kesha. Again, judge me. This song is amazing to run to.
Happy birthday Amanda!
It’s been a really long time since we talked, but I hope your day tomorrow is amazing! You were so sweet when we were emailing and you deserve the best. 🙂