NOTE: If you are reading this, you are in the WRONG PLACE! Do NOT follow this account anymore! Click right here, right now and follow my new account! 🙂
It’s no secret that I’m madly in love with coconut.
When I’m dreaming up recipes, I almost always think – “Can I add coconut to this?” And that’s not even an exaggeration. I’ve never met a coconut product I didn’t like, until I met coconut butter.
I had heard so much hype about it, but when I finally got my hands on it, it just didn’t feel right.
So what was I to do? I had a big jar of the stuff staring me down every time I reached for my beloved nut butter, and I had no idea what to do with it.
Let’s sidetrack to the fact that I have my math final in 2 and a half hours. I really should be reviewing and studying, since the university I want to go to uses our grade 11 marks for early admission. What did I actually do?
Make Coconut Cashew Butter, of course!
In addition to the butter I wanted to use up, I also had a whole bunch of pesky broken cashews lying about. I don’t know about you, but I literally hate eating broken nuts. It’s definitely one of my idiosyncrasies, but I just can’t seem to get over it. And since my brain is 100% fried from nonstop studying, I decided that I needed a “Throw everything together and say a prayer” recipe. Heaven was born!
Homemade Coconut Cashew Butter:
- 1 tsp natural coconut butter
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (Yes, this is on twice! It needs to be separated!)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Stevia to taste
- Heat up a skillet and grease with 1 tsp of coconut butter and 1 tsp regular butter
- Mix the tbsp of coconut butter, coconut flour, cashew pieces, stevia and water together
- Pour lumpy mixture on to skillet, and fry for ~5 minutes, or until nuts soften slightly
- Pour mixture into blender (I used my Magic Bullet), add almond milk, and whir it up!
- Make sure all nuts are blended in and mixture is smooth before removing from blender
- Makes roughly 1/2 cup
Uh, can you say YUM? I personally don’t always love paying ~$10 for a jar of nut butter, so I love that this is so cheap and easy!
What’s your favourite thing you’ve done with random ingredients?
Any tips for the post-finals brain coma?