To be honest, I’m feeling a little brain dead right now, considering I just sat through two mind-numbing hours answering questions about evolution and macromolecules. So while I escaped the beast for now (No more biology until September!) I’m still feeling some of the effects. Which resulted in having no inspiration for a post today! However, I can’t bear to actually skip a day of blogging, so I decided to do this Food & Fitness Survey I found on Meals & Moves!
1. What did you eat for breakfast? My obsession, a greek yogurt bowl with strawberries, blueberries and granola! And because I just want to keep you
salivating informed, my granola is strawberry + dark chocolate. 🙂 There was also the ever-present homemade 2% latte.
2. How much water do you drink a day? Between 2 and 15 glasses. I know some people just read that and are going “2?! And you call yourself healthy?!” But some days it just happens. And since on other days I drink a litre before I even start my 9am workout, I’m not actually that concerned.
3. What is your current favorite workout? This one! I was browsing Pinterest looking for a good lower body workout that didn’t involve me leaving my house. I know my gym is 2 minutes away but if you saw the weather here you would understand. Total gloom-fest. 😦 Anyway, I did it before jetting off to an undisclosed location demanding my presence (Does that sound cooler than grade eleven finals?) and it BURNED by the end. I used 10 lb dumbells, if you are wondering.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? Working on not counting! However, I do add them up still at the end of the day and on a good day it falls between 1600-1800 and on a bad day, 1300. The goal is around 2000, though.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Well, since it’s already been established that I am a snacking MACHINE, I have a ton of favourite snacks. I typically will go for an apple, peanut butter and a 2% latte but I have been known to also have cashews, veggies + tzatziki, Quest bars and caprese-style roll ups. (Recipe coming soon!)
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? CHICKENchickenCHICKENchicken. Can you tell i love chicken? CHICKEN. I honestly don’t know what it is, but I am completely obsessed with it and have to restrain myself from eating it for every meal of the day (including breakfast) when we have it in the house. Baby carrots, snap peas and tzatziki are my favourite sides, however on occasion I’ve been having a chicken sandwich as well.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? I’m all about leg day. I don’t usually enjoy working my arms, mostly because they’re just so weak! I know that’s a bad excuse, but if you had eleven years of competitive-skier trained legs you would understand 🙂
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Oops, already got there! I did actually manage to do a pretty good arm workout yesterday, but now I’m sore and can’t decide if it’s from too much writing or the weight lifting (lol).
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? NO FOOD IS BAD. Remember that please 🙂 But I will never say no to Marble Slab!
These, however, I most definitely would say no to. Gross.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? Nope. There’s literally nothing else to say because I couldn’t even tell you what a supplement was if it hit me in the face.
11. How often do you eat out? Rarely, if at all. It’s partially a personal preference, but also because I just don’t understand the point of spending $50+ dollars on unhealthy food when you could eat at home for a fraction of the cost and save that money for travelling (or something else). But again, that’s just my opinion.
My favourite when we do venture into the world of restaurants. Earls Margherita Pizza = heaven.
12. Do you eat fast food? Nope. Again, not that much to say here, either. I’m not saying I don’t treat myself, but it’s never EVER of the greasy drive-thru variety.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? My mom, forever and always! No matter what is going on with other family members or friends, she is ALWAYS there for me and I can never thank her enough. 🙂
14. Do you have a gym membership? Under normal circumstances I would say no during the summer, since I typically only run when its warm out. However, I’m cutting back on cardio and working on gaining some muscle, so right now, I have a membership to the Y. It’s close, a great atmosphere and has a ton of group fitness classes! (Which I have still been too intimidated to try…soon!)
The Fitnessista will convince me eventually.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Heh. Considering the fact that I’ve only had to wake up early three times this week (and will only have to twice more TOTAL until September) I average about 10-11. Don’t judge me, I have a MASSIVE sleep debt to catch up on after pretty much 10 straight months of 5-6 hours. The brutal life of a high-schooler.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? I actually tried to do this once, but felt so sick after that I said NEVER AGAIN. I would prefer to just treat myself whenever I want (3-4 ish times per week) and feel good about myself 24/7.
17. Do you drink alcohol? NO. I don’t care that it’s completely normal for teenagers to drink, and most of the time they don’t get caught. It’s just not worth it to me to sacrifice my health, morals and potentially my criminal record so that I can look cool. I have a TON of fun wherever I go because I choose to, not because I’m dumping poison down my through, thankyouverymuch.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? I wish 😦 Literally every single one of my friends doesn’t give a damn about health, eats pizza for three meals a day and calls walking between class cardio. Anyone want to be workout buddies with me?? 😉
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? Confidence. I feel good about myself and about my life, something that was severely lacking before. I now wake up excited about where I am and where I’m going, instead of just trying to get through the day.
20. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? Can it be the next healthy thing I’m about to do? The last food-related thing I did was eat some egss…Not that interesting. But I’m literally 10 minutes away from hitting a HARD tricep workout at the gym!
What do you usually eat for lunch?
What’s your current favourite workout?
How has health changed your life?