That was enthusiastic Forgive me, but I’m just SO excited to be back. I honestly had the most stressful week of my life this past week, and I have not had a single moment to spare. I had at least one exam every day (but Friday I had three), major projects due, along with getting SICK and feeling completely exhausted all day, every day.
It was not my best week, to say the least. However, its done and over, school is winding down and I am 99% healthy again
That being said, summer is the time when, in my experience, people are the most concerned with being healthy. Yes, there are frappuccinos and ice cream abound, but with pool parties happening all the time, we tend to be a bit more conscious about what we put into our bodies.
It can be SO hard though, believe me, I know. You’re at a BBQ with your friends – who wants to be eating baby carrots while everyone else is eating chips and sucking back smoothies? (Well, I think I might but I’ve been told I’m a freak of nature)
To remedy such a difficult situation, I’ve put together a whole whack of healthy, unique, and most importantly delicious snacks that will power you through the summer looking and feeling pretty freaking fantastic :)
1. PB + Coconut + Fruit Bars. Being a teenager who is always hungry, I’m always on the lookout for portable snacks that won’t leave me hungrier than before I started eating. (Special K, I’m looking at you!) These are a bajillion times less processed than anything you will find in a store (obviously) and they are the absolute BEST homemade bars I have EVER tried.
2. Smoothie Popsicles. I haven’t posted the official recipe for my newest creation, cherry coconut, but when I do you had better believe it will be liked righhhhht: HERE. The basis is the same for them all though. Make a smoothie (but put lots of milk/water in so its liquidy) and then freeze them! I’m not sure if I’m just a freak and everybody under the sun has thought of this, but the idea just came to me about a month ago and I’ve been loving them. They’re great for not wasting smoothie fails, too!
3. Cake Batter Milkshake. Yes, you read that right. Why anyone on earth would EVER choose a fat-filled, coma-inducing Micky D’s shake when they could just have this glass of heaven is completely beyond me. I’ve recently become obsessed – and I mean obsessed with coconut, so this is right up my alley. Like I said before, I need seriously substantial snacks to keep me going, so this is perfect for me. However, I’m pretty sure most normal people would be just fine with having this for breakfast or even lunch, if you’re into that.
4. Frozen fruit. This is hands down, one of my absolute favourite things to snack on during the summer. It’s quick, portable, and seriously delicious. Just throw a bunch of grapes, bananas, berries, or whatever strikes your fancy in the freezer for a few hours, and voila.
5. No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bites. UH, YUM. Just the sound of that makes me hungry. These are a great alternative to cupcakes, and they have the added bonus that you don’t have to
die overheat using the oven! Win.
I will come back and add to this list as I come across more delicious finds! I hope everybody has had a fantastic week and is looking forward to summer as much as I am!!