Yay for surveys! I found this on two of my favourite blogs, Amanda’s and Irina’s! And yes, I’ll be honest, I tend to
stalk peruse many blogs without commenting. I just feel like my blog is such a baby right now and I don’t want to reveal it to the world until I’m proud of it. Wow. That sounded lame pathetic weird my version of normal. Let’s get to the point of this post now, shall we?
1. What did you eat for breakfast? My new OBSESSION is 2% cottage cheese. I used to eat the fat-free kind, and let me tell you one thing, that stuff just does not compare. So I had to have that this morning, a long with a piece of rye toast with peanut butter. I was still hungry after that, so I followed it up with a random craving of snap peas and cantaloupe. Weird combination? Maybe. Hit the spot? Absolutely.
I wish I could say I was as adventurous as this picture, but alas. I rarely, if ever top my toast with anything but peanut butter. I’m just too loyal, I guess 😉
2. How much water do you drink a day? It honestly varies day to day. I wish I could say I was a star and had at least 10 cups a day, but that would be a lie 😦 I do have days like that, but I also have days where I’m lucky to get three. It all depends.
3. What is your current favourite workout? Running. RUNNING. Did I say running? I have this tiny dream in the back of my head to run a half-marathon, so I’m just trying to stay in shape in case that dream ever manifests into reality.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I’m wishing I had lots of different answers to these questions. Ideally, I’d tell you I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER and that counting calories is totally bogus and I’d rather eat pickled eggs than do it. And while the last two are true, unfortunately the first is not. I’m in the healing process from some disordered eating, and rigidly tracking my calories is a bit of an obsession at this point. HOWEVER, I have not added up anything yet today and it is already 5:26pm so I consider that a serious victory. I’m aiming for about 1500/day at this point, with the plan to work up to around 2000, considering I’m a moderately active growing teenager.
5. What are some of your favourite healthy snacks? Apples and peanut butter, smoothies (SMOOTHIES!) and baby carrots with hummus 🙂 Most of my snacks tend to turn into mini-meals, however, since I hate having big meals and prefer to snack all day long. I mean, come on. Who doesn’t want to eat every hour of the day?
I am in a bit of a rut with my snacks though, and need to try these STAT. Yes, I live in Canada. I love my country but…. don’t remind me 😦
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? The life of a teenager involves lunch at school. And although sooooooo many of my friends buy the massive plates of alfredo from the cafeteria, I bring my own lunch every day. It’s usually a chicken & tzatziki salad with greek yogurt on the side, but sometimes I’m a rebel and have a sandwich.
I’ll have whatever he’s having.
7. What is your favourite body part to strength train? My heart ❤ But I’m actually serious, both figuratively and literally. I LOVE to run, and that is my preferred exercise 99% of the time. I don’t do anywhere near enough strength training, but if I did, I would probably say arms because I can use light weights and be wimpy 😉
8. What is your least favourite body part to strength train? Finally, my type of question! All of them! I know I should do more, and it’s very important to health, but i just hate it so much… Help?
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Please don’t hate me for saying this, but I don’t really get junk food cravings. I think that just comes with eating healthy for a significant period of time. However, on the rare occasion I do, a Starbucks frappuccino makes me pretty dreamy.
Summer, please hurry the HECK up. Oh that’s right, I live in Canada. Sorry, I’ll come back in August for spring, summer and fall. In one month. Because winter is literally 11 months of the year here 😦 Anyone in California want to adopt me? ❤
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? Nope! Vitamin D would probably be a good idea, and I don’t really know why I don’t. Actually, let’s be honest, I totally do. I’m just really lazy.
11. How often do you eat out? Stemming from my issues with disordered eating, I literally NEVER eat out. It causes me pretty bad anxiety and I tend to avoid it like the plague. Something to work on, I suppose.
12. Do you eat fast food? Again, nope. But this time, not because I’m scared, because i just really don’t want to. Way before I had any remote issues with food and was eating a chocolate bar every day at lunch, I despised fast food. It made me sick to my stomach and held absolutely no appeal. And I have no need to change that.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? My mom, hands down. We’ve been through a seriously difficult three years together, and she has been there for me every single second of the way. It may not be normal for a teenager to spend so much time with her mom (and like it) but, since we’ve already established I’m far from normal, we’re all good.
14. Do you have a gym membership? Only for 2 more days! It expires on April 26, and then I will never have one again! I only got it during the winter so I could keep my sanity by running on the treadmill, but thank GOD that is no longer nessecary. Nothing compares to trail runs, nothing.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? At least 8. This is something I am completely adamant about because I cannot function on too little sleep. I consistently don’t do homework so that I can get to bed at a reasonable time. This might seem counterproductive, but honestly, if I were up late studying I would probably do worse on an exam than if I had just studied less and slept. So I get 8 pretty much daily. I have an inability to sleep past 9am, so by midnight on the weekends I’m dead to the world. 10 on weeknights 😉
16. Do you have a cheat day? No, but I want to! This and eating out are two goals I have for myself. Someday 🙂
17. Do you drink alcohol? NO. I am sixteen and underage and do not feel the need to risk my university acceptance, job prospects and ability to travel out of the country to get wasted. That is all.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? Yet another question I wish I had a different answer to. None of my friends are remotely similar to me in terms of caring about health. Two of my best girlfriends consistently eat a pizza for dinner and waffles for dessert, and the other two are “allergic” to running. I have gone running with my friend Jason before though, and that was nice. He’s not a regular, though 😦
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? Copout answer, but everything. I feel better about myself, don’t feel weighed down by food, and have positive goals to aspire to. It’s just SO GOOD.
Please, for me?
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Wrote this post! I adore writing, and it’s therapeutic to me. I’m a huge believer in a healthy body and a healthy soul. ❤